Healthy Eyes™ is a dietary supplement to maintain and support proper visual function.*
Healthy Eyes™ contains 16 nutrients including antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and herbs that have been found to support optimal eye health and functions.*
Eye Structure and Function Support:
- Quercetin and Rutin are antioxidants that help support capillary integrity and work with Vitamin C to decrease bruising of the small capillaries in the eye.* Rutin has also been associated with maintaining healthy ocular pressure within the eye.* Quercetin helps support histamine levels within normal ranges to help maintain eye health.*
- Bilberry helps with the formation and maintenance of connective tissues within the eye, has beneficial effects on microcirculation, assists in strengthening capillaries in the eye and protects the macula.*
- Eyebright is an herb that improves microcirculation to the retina and helps maintain eye moisture and pressure.*
- L-Taurine is essential for maintaining the structural integrity of the retina.* If Taurine is depleted, rapid photoreceptor degeneration can result.*
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin are antioxidants that support ocular health by inhibiting free radical reactions in the eye and by supporting the thickness of macular pigment.* Lutein is found in high concentrations in the retina and macula of the eye. Lutein also helps protect the lens of the eye from the damaging effects of UV sunlight.*
- Vitamin B12 helps nerve function by supporting the myelin sheath, which insulates nerves such as the optic nerve.*
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant that is both fat and water soluble and can extend the biochemical life of other antioxidants such as Vitamins C, E and L-Glutathione.
- Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant that is converted in the body to Vitamin A, which is essential to the protection and function of the retina of the eye.*
- Lycopene is a phytonutrient that has powerful antioxidant powers to help maintain optimal eye health.*
- L-Glutathione is the key antioxidant in the lens. Its major function is to protect the lens from ultraviolet radiation which over time can cause clouding.* The production of Glutathione in the lens declines with age.
- Vitamins C & E are antioxidants that support circulation and the structures of the eye.*
- Selenium, Zinc & Riboflavin are nutrients necessary for supporting antioxidants such as glutathione and super oxide dismutase.
Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Capsule Amount Per Serving Vitamin A (100% as Beta carotene) 5000 IU Vitamin C (as Ca Ascorbate & Ascorbic acid) 250 mg Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 30 IU Riboflavin 5 mg Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 10 mcg Zinc (as Zn Citrate) 5 mg Selenium (as L-selenomethionine) 25 mcg Lutein 6.75 mg Lycopene 5 mg Zeaxanthin 1.35 mg L-Glutathione 10 mg Taurine 50 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid 25 mg Quercetin 30 mg Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) Extract (4:1) 60 mg Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus L.) Extract 40 mg Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian leucine. Warning: If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this or any nutritional product.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule with a meal, 3 times daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease