is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but it won't ship until it becomes available again.
The Native American Indians were puzzled about the cause of the rash many European visitors were getting. This is because they cooked, dyed clothes and decorated with Poison Ivy/Oak branches and leaves. Poison Ivy/Oak is not toxic or poisonous but the oil contained in the plant has the ability to penetrate the 5 to 8 layers of the skin and bind with our natural body fluids causing a severe histamine reaction. All of the itching, weeping, swelling and pain are from our own body’s defense system working to get this oil out from under the skin. For someone sensitive to the oil, one fifty thousandth of a drop is enough to cause a major reaction. Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap removes the oil from the skin and helps calm down the reaction of the body.
Marie's poison ivy/oak soap helps remove the oils of the poison ivy/oak plant from the skin, and speeds healing of poison ivy/oak and other minor skin rashes.
How to use Poison Ivy/Oak Soap
For best results, wet skin with hot water, lather the poison ivy/oak soap and allow it to stay on the skin for a few minutes, then rinse with hot water. Do not use this product on broken skin without consulting a physician. If a rash has already started, it may be necessary to repeat use three or four times a day for a few days.
The soap should be applied 3-4 times daily.
If rash persists, the soap should be left on for an hour or even longer.
It's important not to eat or drink stimulating foods or beverages while the poison ivy is running its course; i.e., items with caffeine or hot spices.
Everyone reacts slightly differently to poison ivy and oak.
First Aid for your skin
Marie's Poison Ivy/Oak Soap should be a part of everyone's First Aid Kit in case you ever come in contact with poison oak, ivy or sumac.
How does Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap work?
Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap has a Unique TRIPLE ACTING FORMULA:
1. Stops the Itch - Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap contains Sassafras, a root bark that traditionally has a natural antihistamine action that immediately stops the itching.
2. Heals - Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap contains Noni and White Willow; two herbs that traditionally help heal swelling, pain and irritation.
3. Prevents - The soap has a mechanical action. The green clay and organic oat bran pull any toxins or irritants that might be present off of the skin. This mechanical action stops the progression of the irritation.
When does Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap fail to work?
Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap is a topical solution to a topical problem. If someone punctures their body with a Poison Ivy/Oak Branch thereby injecting Poison Ivy/Oak under the skin and into the internal body system they will start to break out from the inside out. This is commonly called a systematic reaction. Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap will ease the itching somewhat but the problem is internal and often needs to be treated by a physician.
Marie's Poison Ivy/Oak Soap does not contain dyes, artificial ingredients or scents.
Vegetable glycerine soap, Organic oat bran, Argile montmorillonite, Olive oil, Infusions or essential oils of Betula lenta, Salix alba, Morinda citrifolia, Sassafras albidum and Grindelia camporum.
Argile montmorillonite = a type of clay typically formed as a weathering product of low silica rocks;a major component of bentonite
Betula lenta = a tree, commonly known as the cherry birch, sweet birch or black birch
Salix alba = a tree, commonly known as the white willow
Morinda citrifolia = a large shrub or medium size tree, commonly known as the cheesefruit, koonjerung, tokoonja or great morinda
Sassafras albidum = a tree, commonly known as the sassafras
Grindelia camporum = a hardy perennial plant, commonly known as the giant gum plant